To this day, my parents make fun of me for always ordering chicken fingers when we went out for dinner as a kid. But can you really blame me? The crunchy yet tender finger food has it all!
Now that I’m a grown-up, though, it’s not as socially acceptable to order from the children’s menu. Thankfully, it’s not hard to make this delicious meal in the comfort of my own home…and there are even some adult touches you can add like garlic and Parmesan!
Here’s what you need to know!
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Pour the flour in a bowl and the eggs and lemon juice in another bowl. Stir the liquids together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Take cut-up chicken breasts and dip them in the flour, egg mix, and panko bowl. Repeat until all chicken is covered.
- Place the tenders on a tinfoil-covered baking sheet. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven at 425° for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with mayo or whatever dip you prefer.