For some reason, though, when any dish ends with the words fries, tots, or sticks, they eat like they’ve been starved for months at a time. With that in mind, we give you a healthy — and kid-friendly — veggie meal option.
Your kids will never put up a fight to eat their vegetables again with these broccoli tots.
Try this awesome snack tonight (just don’t tell the kids these are actually healthy). The full recipe is below:
- 12 ounces of broccoli
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of scallions
- 2/3 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Hot sauce, if desired
- Marinara sauce
- Cook the broccoli in boiling water for two minutes.
- Strain and chop the veggies into smaller pieces before adding to a mixing bowl with one beaten egg, breadcrumbs, scallions, cheese, garlic, and hot sauce. Mix together.
- Form the mixture into tot-shapes and chill in the fridge.
- Place the tots on a cooking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes at 400°, flipping them halfway through.
- Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/broccoli-tots/