Bridget Burns grabbed a mini chocolate treat from her 4-year-old daughter’s Halloween candy and took a bite. When she bit into it, she felt something hard.
I took it out, I opened it I bit it and I bit something hard. So I took the candy out of my mouth and noticed something silverish, so when I bent the candy back, I found a sewing needle in it, Burns told WPRI.
She took a photo of the needle poking out of the candy and shared it on Facebook to warn other parents.
If anybody can do that to another child then apparently theyre not right in the head, she said.
Burns is from Rhode Island, but other parents reported similar discoveries of taintedcandy throughout the country last year. It’s always better to be safe rather than sorry.
Police officers recommend taking these precautions while trick-or-treating.
- Write down all of the streets you’ve visited. If anything does go wrong, authorities will know exactly where to investigate.
- Carefully examine candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Try to visit trusted neighbors and friends and family, rather than strangers during trick-or-treating.
- Report tainted candy to the police right away.
- Do not throw away the tainted candy once it’s discovered this is evidence.
Halloween is something that many young children look forward to. With a few safety precautions, you can keep your children happy and safe.
Please SHARE this important message to let others know these Halloween safety tips.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.