Theres nothing more irritating than gearing up for a big day of cleaning, and discovering youre short just one cleaning product.
Fortunately, there are plenty of useful household products that can pull double-duty when necessary, like plain old hydrogen peroxide that you can use everywhere from your shoes to your plants!
Of course, sometimes youre in the market for something more specific. Personally, I use disinfectant wipes on everything, especially in my bathroom, and I run through them faster than a gallon of milk.
Lately, my new favorite cleaning trick is to DIY my own from scratch when necessary, until I can get to the store.
Best of all, this technique takes less than 15minutes, and is a piece of cake to pull together!
- 1 roll paper towels
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup disinfectant
- 1 sealable container
- Combine water and disinfectant. Stir well.
- Place the towel roll into the container, and mark the roll where they meet.
- Slice the paper towel roll at that point.
- Cut a small X shape into the containers lid.
- Return the shorter roll to the container, and pour disinfectant mixture on top.
- Remove the cardboard roll from the middle.
- Seal the lid and let sit overnight.
- Reach into the center of the roll and grab the loose end of the towel. Pull up through the X in the top of the lid.
- Press the lid down and seal into place.
- Remove a wipe and start cleaning!
To recreate this technique at home, check out the video below for more detailed instructions! And don’t forget toSHARE for anyone else who specializes in being the MacGyver of household products!