The ancients were incredibly innovative people, literally building civilization from the ground up. They invented tools, they made beautiful art, and they built the Colosseum, for Heaven’s sake.
There is no doubt that the people in Ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt were doing a ton of things right. However, there were some things that they had yet to figure out.
Many of these had to do with hygiene, general cleanliness, and medicine. There were some truly gross things that these folksdid in their everyday lives that every person today would consider absolutely unimaginable.
For one, excrement from many different kinds of animals was used for many different purposes. It doesn’t end there, though…
Did you ever learn about these not-so-pleasant habits from ancient timesin school? I know that I sure didn’t! All I ever heard of werethe pyramids, brilliant astronomers, and gladiators. It really does give you some perspective, doesn’t it?
1. Ancient Greeks Used Stones To Wipe
2. Laxatives Were Used To Treat Upset Stomachs
3. Ancient Greeks Collected Sweat
4. Gladiator Blood Was Used To Treat Epilepsy
5. Lice Was So Bad, Ancient Egyptians Gave Up On Hair
6. Pee Was Used To Clean
7. Goat Dung Was Taken For Energy
8. Onion Juice Was Used As Contraceptive
9. Doctors Tasted Earwax
10. Ancient Greeks Smeared Crocodile Dung On Their Eyes