After the success of Happy Days, the network decided to give two popular characters their own spin-off, debuting Laverne & Shirley back in 1976.
I’ve loved watching the antics of those hilarious roommates since I was a little girl. I even memorized the chant they said before the theme song in every episode despite having no clue what it meant. Turns out, there was a ton of stuff from behind the scenes of this classic sitcom that most folks never knew about!
For instance, do you know what Squiggy’s real name is? I had no clue or just how close he was with Cindy Williams, who played Shirley, backstage.
Do you remember tuning into this silly show back in the day? Take a look at all the fascinating facts most people never knew about Laverne & Shirley below.
Let us know in the comments if we missed any juicy trivia that you’ve heard about and be sure to SHARE with your friends!
1. Cindy Williams Walked Off Set During The First Season
2. Penny Really Drank Milk And Soda
3. Penny Came Up With The “L”
4. Their Apartment Might Look Familiar
5. Lenny And Squiggy Weren’t Meant To Be On Screen
6. Shotz Was Based On A Real Milwaukee Brewery
7. Squiggy’s First Name Was Andrew
8. The Chant Before The Theme Song Was From Penny’s Childhood
9. Cindy’s Pregnancy Caused Her To Leave
10. They Tried To Give Carmine A Spin-Off Series
11. The Girls Released An Album
12. Squiggy Had Better Luck With Love In Real Life