You know what’s a lot less expensive than airfare to Southeast Asia? Cooking some of the region’s incredible food in your home.
The foods of Southeast Asia are some of the most distinctive and flavorful dishes in the world, and you can make them right in your kitchen. Add some new faces to your spice rack, stock up on coconut milk, learn to make sticky rice and you’re halfway there.
Without further ado, here are 11 foods from Southeast Asia that we should all eat more often.
- Nasi GorengGMVozd via Getty Images
- Seafood Sinigang
- Chilli CrabPepy Nasution via Getty Images
- Vietnamese CoffeeM-KOIZUMI via Getty Images
- Tea Leaf Salad
- Halo-HaloChris Dela Cruz via Getty Images
- Nasi Lemak
- Green Papaya Saladfinallast via Getty Images
- Sweet Sticky Rice with MangoJohn S Lander via Getty Images
- Amok Trey
- Tom Kha Kaibenjarattanapakee via Getty Images