Whether a working mom chooses to stay at her job, or is working out of necessity, it is never easy or a decision that is made lightly.
That said, being a mom ingeneral is never easy! There is no need to try to decidewho has it harder as a mother: working moms or stay-at-home moms. All of these incredible womenhave their own struggles and strifes, and the best way to support each other is to understand that there is no perfect or simpleway to be a mother.
You can never know for sure what someone elseis going through, and there are certain things that you should absolutely never utterto a parent.
Working moms, specifically, are sometimes seen as being less-than as a parent because they spend time away from their children.
But, you know what? Times have changed, and parents have a lot more viable options nowadays. Unlike in the past, nownearly half of all children in the USA are raised by two working parents, according to Pew Research Center.
Accordingly, these are 10 thingsyou should never, ever say to a working mom.
[H/T: Working Mother]
1. “I Would Be So Uncomfortable With Someone Else Raising My Kid”
2. “You Should Volunteer More Often At School”
3. “Can You Trust The Babysitter?”
4. “Can’t Your Husband Support Both Of You?”
5. “Good For You, Putting Yourself First”
6. “Your Child Was Crying At School. I Think She Misses You”
7. “You Look Utterly Exhausted”
8. “Lucky You, You Get A Break From The Kids”
9. “I Wish I Could Afford Clothes Like That”
10. “No Paycheck Is Worth The Time You’re Missing With Your Children”