The 1950s had its share of the good, the bad, and the ugly, as all times do. But even though there were difficulties and troubles to get through, there are parts of the ’50s that manystill hold near and dear to theirhearts if that was when theygrew up.
There is plenty to love about the 1950s,and there is plenty to feel nostalgic about. While we all may be grateful for the progress we’ve made since those times, there are also many ways of life that folks whogrew up in the ’50s (and even some of us who didn’t) still long for. Some of usmay even be an old soul.
These 10 things prove that you are a 1950s kid in your heart of hearts. They are part of what makes you so distinctly you, whether you grew up during thisvery interesting and historical time or not!
So, are you a ’50s kid at heart? For those whoweren’t born during the time, do these still resonate with you? Let us know in the comments.
1. You Love Watching TV With Your Family
2. You Think Kids Should Get Outside More
3. You Think Cars Should Be Works Of Art
4. You Prefer Simpler Toys
5. You Hold Onto Your Pennies
6. Very Few Of Your Friends Know What It’s Like To Be Single
7. You’re Slightly Offended When Your Favorite Movie Is Colorized
8. Your Record Collection Is Precious
9. You Believe That A Plan Is A Plan
10. Casseroles Hold A Special Place In Your Heart