Lots of little girls grew up knowing exactly what they wanted their engagement ring to belike, down to the karat, the cut, the band, and the jeweler who would make it.
But the images that girls have had in their heads have changed along with engagement trends.
The history of the engagement ring dates all the way back to ancient times, though rings looked much different during certain erasthan they do now.Engagement ringshaveundergone quite the transformation in some ways. Surprisingly, some trends from way back are still used today, like the reliance on gold.
What do you think the perfect engagement ring looks like? Is it dainty and modest, or is it flashy and heavy on your finger? Everyone has different tastes, and this history of engagement rings really proves that!
These 10 different trends are all pretty amazing in their own way, but do you have a favorite?
Please SHARE with your family and friends on Facebook!
1. Iron In Ancient Rome
2. Simple Gold In The Middle Ages
3. Poetry In The 1600s And 1700s
4. Romantic Designs In The Victorian Era
5. Accessible Elegance In The Edwardian Era
6. Soft Lines In The Early 1900s
7. Art Deco In The Roaring ’20s
8. Simpler Stones During The Second World War
9. Giant Diamonds In The 1960s
10. Perfect Princess Cut In The 1970s