LONDON Footballers are an interesting bunch on Twitter.
More often than not they’ll tweet about sport, but every now and again they completely take us by surprise.
From unexpected celebrity encounters to blunt admissions of vehicular rabbit-slaughter, we’ve rounded up some of their most unexpectedly hilarious tweets.
1. The time Victor Wanyama shared his thoughts on Paranormal Activity 3.
Morning tweeps yesterday i watched the paranormal activity 3 and today am going to put it in the bin. too scary to watch
Victor Wanyama (@VictorWanyama) April 26, 2012
2. And the time he shared his thoughts on his spaghetti.
I had spaghetti and it was very nice i enjoyed it
Victor Wanyama (@VictorWanyama) May 7, 2012
3. This update from Barry Bannan.
50 shades of grey on my own in bolton that’s how bored I am today wat am I thinking
barry bannan (@bazzabannan25) February 25, 2015
4. The time Wayne Rooney got his apps confused.
Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal
Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) April 23, 2011
5. The time he shared this important hair update.
Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not. I’m delighted with the result.
Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) June 4, 2011
6. And his thoughts on Mr Bean.
Mr bean. Funny
Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) July 27, 2012
7. Oh, and the time he accidentally got into an argument with himself.
8. Victor Anichebe’s awkward celebrity encounter.
2/3 Shame that they refused & felt to act the way they did, I would never decline someone a picture as without fans we’re nothing…
Victor Anichebe (@VictorAnichebe) September 30, 2015
9. The time Louis Saha shared some #Tips.
10. This very blunt update from Michael Owen.
Just ran over a rabbit. Devastated.
michael owen (@themichaelowen) October 5, 2013
11. The time he shared his opinion on films.
12. And his opinion on Christmas.
13. This time Robert Huth shared this contrasting opinion.
I hate Christmas.
robert huth (@robert_huth) December 25, 2014
14. And finally, the time Mario Balotelli named his new pig.
Never change, footballers.